What exactly do the pitching coaches in Minnesota teach that the
other teams don’t? Judging by the impeccable control by nearly all
Twins pitching staff’s of the past 21 seasons, it’s something
And if not, check the water in Minnesota…
|Year||AL Rank||Walks Allowed||League Average|
AVERAGE 2.4 453.8 531.6 (-77.8)
- Not ONCE in the last 21 years have the Twins issued more walks than the league average.
- In 19 of the 21 years, Minnesota ranked in the Top 3 in the AL.
- For six straight seasons, the Twins have issued at least 100 less walks than the league average.
- Over the last 21 years, Minnesota averages 77.8 fewer walks than the league average.
- Over that 21 year span, the Twins’ average rank in the AL is 2.4.
can see a team sustaining this for a 3-6 year period or so, but for 20+
years? Does anyone have an explanation for how this is possible?